At Sisler Builders we are dedicated to helping our clients live healthier, more comfortable lives, while saving energy through superior building performance. Whether you are embarking on a major building or renovation project, or simply trying to make an existing building more energy efficient, we are well-versed in resource efficient building practices and can help you make decisions that are right for you and for your budget.
We have been building homes in the Stowe area since 1983. While we would like to think that we are well versed in many disciplines, we recognize that building design and technology are constantly changing. Not all change is necessarily good. We routinely critically evaluate new technologies and decide which ones warrant implementation. We then take appropriate steps to educate our employees so that we can offer our clients the best possible building solutions. With this in mind, we have developed a Sustainable Building Checklist of proven current best practices that address the key aspects of new construction. These include:
- Orientation of the building on the site and its impact on natural lighting, ventilation, heating, and cooling throughout the year
- Impact on, and conservation of the natural landscape surrounding the project during construction
- Building material selection and sourcing, with emphasis on environmentally friendly products that can be locally sourced or salvaged when possible
- Insulation type and installation methods
- Window and door selection and glazing considerations
- Roofing materials and design
- Mechanical (heating, cooling, ventilation) and electrical considerations, including the use of sustainable energy sources when possible
We work closely with the project architect and the owner to review this checklist in detail. Where applicable we also make clients aware of any financial incentives that may be available to help defray implementation costs. We discuss alternative building methods and materials, and their relative cost and desirability, in order to come up with integrated solutions that meet clients’ needs and objectives.